Learners should build secure knowledge of the following:
- the range of ways mathematics can be used to solve practical problems, model situations, make sense of data and inform decision making
- different types of numbers and what they represent
- how numbers can be used for measurement, quantification and comparison and applied in different contexts
- how to use geometry to explore, understand and represent shape and space
- how likelihood and risk can be understood, quantified and used in everyday life.
- how to make informed financial choices regarding saving, investing, borrowing, generating income, profit and debt.